Welcome to the Acme Catalog. Wile Coyote was one of Acme’s best customers from September 17, 1949 to November 1, 2003 but has since retired. He put his life on the line proving Acme products. We are inspired by Wile to recommend only products that work.
In “Chuck Amuck: The Life and Times Of An Animated Cartoonist,” the author claims that Chuck Jones and the artists behind the Road Runner and Wile E. cartoons adhered to some simple but strict rules:
- Road Runner cannot harm the Coyote except by going “beep, beep”.
- No outside force can harm the Coyote—only his own ineptitude or the failure of Acme products. Trains and trucks were the exception from time to time.
- The Coyote could stop anytime—IF he was not a fanatic.
- No dialogue ever, except “beep, beep” and yowling in pain.
- Road Runner must stay on the road.
- All action must be confined to the natural environment of the two characters—the southwest American desert.
- All tools, weapons, or mechanical conveniences must be obtained from the Acme Corporation.
- Whenever possible, make gravity the Coyote’s greatest enemy.
- The Coyote is always more humiliated than harmed by his failures.
- The audience’s sympathy must remain with the Coyote.
Star Technology Group, Inc.
Metairie, LA 70002